Sunday, February 26, 2012

bye bye google friend connect, what now


So, there are only a few days left (March 1st) before Google yanks Google Friend Connect from non-blogger hosted blogs.






So I'm Giving  bloglovin' a try


I'm a little late to this dance, but so far I'm lovin' it.

Pros:  Blogs can be categorized, you can use it to follow any blog, the dashboard is clean and super simple to use and view your favorite blogs, it automatically updates when a blogger posts new content so you don't miss out on anything, it's not connected to Google, Facebook, etc., and you can even set up your account to send you a daily email of the blogs you follow.

Cons:  You have to go to another site to view the blogs you follow.  But, remember you can have it emailed to you!
Here's What I'm Thinking


There are several non-blogger blogs I adore and follow through GCF. I DO NOT want to lose track of them after March 1st! 

So, I decided to add ALL the blogs I follow, even Blogger hosted because I'm totally living in fear that Google will take it away from us the in future too, to Bloglovin' (Linky Followers is totally another great option).  If miracle of miracles happens and the non-blogger blogs I follow still show up on my Google dashboard after March 1st, awesome.  If not, I've got them all set up somewhere else and am ready to roll without missing a beat.

PS I hate Google Reader. People work had on there graphics and templets and I wanna see them just not plain 'ol text! 



Of course you can still follow through a feed or sign up for an email subscription.  Those options can be found at the top left hand corner of my sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love Comments!