Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I used to be a good mom

no seriously I was! Hard to believe for those of you who know me now but it's true! 

As a mom of one I:
Blogged ALL THE TIME for 3 years! 
We went to gymboree class
Mondays at the children's museum
Stroller strides MWF
Playgroups (hosted stupid BPA free playgroups)
Moms night out with the play group moms
Threw beyond elaborate parties for my daughter
100+ volunteer hours a year with the Junior League
Preschool room mom
Chair of the teacher appreciation committee 
Safeplace volunteer appreciation party committee  
Went to the gym 3 days a week with a trainer 

As a Mom of 3 I: 
Took maternity leave and never went back from Junior league
Left my daughter in private school in part because of the very forgiving tardy/attendance police
I don't craft or DYI unless you consider wrapping plastic wrap over the balcony to keep the twins from throwing    things over a DYI project
No playgroups or gymboree
Put on an extra 15 pounds
Drink wine from a box
I still do anything the teacher or school director ask but feel guilty because I know I have only done the bare minimum rather than an outstanding job. 
I feel like it's been a good day if everyone is alive and fed. Notice I did not say clean. 
My husband and I almost got divorced ( seriously I'm not just saying that) 
I started shutting down rather than stepping up to challenges 

Do you ever feel like you’ve spent all of your energy going a million miles an hour, taking care of family, jobs, housework, out-of-town guests, etc? Then you find yourself hitting a wall and not knowing how to move on? Come on, ladies, I can’t be the only one! I don’t know if it’s the changing of the seasons or a whole lot of just plain CRAZY! 

Well it's 2014 and I'm making a New Years resolution to get my shit together! That includes this blog! I missed you blog but I'm glad to be back! 
Admitting that I'm out numbered and I need help. 
Admitting I can't do everything I used to and being comfortable saying no. Even if it's mostly to myself.

I have to let go of "normal" and embrace the joys being a MoM brings. Life with 3 kids under 5 is never going to be predictable. Managing 3 personalties is never going to be easy.
 I'm putting a lot of faith in the ol' saying: 
God will not give you more than you can handle

He knows he gave me twins right???

Heres to 2014
a fresh start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love Comments!