Monday, June 25, 2012

The Ekatva Tour

I hear parents ask all the time how do we give our children everything and still teach them to be appreciative. I ask my self this question all the time and I'm not sure I have a answer. The one thing I do know for sure that is a rule we live by and teach in our home is to be respectful of everyone. I feel stepping out of our "bubble" and embracing other cultures is the best education I can offer my children in learning to love and respect on on a bigger than oneself scale. 
Recently I took Miss C to The Ekatva tour when it came to Austin. 

Ekatva is an experiment to touch the lives and spirit of 16 underprivileged children through dance and art, while inspiring the souls of thousands across the world. Sixteen children from some of the largest slums of Ahmedabad, Gujarat were selected through a nine month audition process, and have been trained and developed, by mentors from Manav Sadhna and teachers from Darpana Academy, to perform a 90-minute dance-drama production sharing Gandhiji’s message of ‘Oneness’. The children have begun to tour across India and will bring the show to the US, and UK the summer of 2012.


Want to learn more? 
Watch here: 

1 comment:

We love Comments!